Sunset Memorial & Stone Employment Opportunities
Sunset is always looking for people passionate about serving others. If you think you have what it takes to work with a team that:
- Provides a wide variety of memorial support services to customers across central and southern Alberta.
- Delivers outstanding customer service.
- Has an eye for detail.
- Eager to learn and excel.
Then please email or fax in your resume. We’d love to hear from you!
Currently we have the following position(s) immediately available:
Join Our Sunset Stone Team
Granite Memorial Technician
Sunset Memorial & Stone is a North American leader in the custom design and manufacturing of large columbaria (for the internment of cremated remains) as well as one of Alberta’s largest monument manufacturers. We provide a wide variety of services including:
- Supply, delivery, and installation of monuments.
- Monument levelling, polishing and repair.
- Added inscription services.
- Cemetery and local area snow clearing in the winter months.
Sunset’s business philosophy is that employees are more fully engaged in the business when:
- There is a variety of work involved with the job.
- They have the ability to set some of their daily work objectives.
- They can work with a competent team that will provide state-of-the-art training to new hires.
- Employees can financially share in the growing success of the business.
Reporting to Sunset’s Shop Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to provide a leadership role in delivering Sunset’s monument/cemetery services listed above.
The hours are typically 8:00 am until 4:00 pm during the winter unless snow clearing is required. In this case, some evening work may be required for snow removal.
Summer hours will be from 7:30 am until 4:00 pm, however, in good weather there may be longer hours requested. Also during the summer, some weekend work may be required.
Sunset will invite potential candidates to interviews who possess the following qualifications/attributes:
- A willingness to roll up the sleeves and build stone products in the shop. The product can be heavy (even with ample mechanical assistance), the process can be dusty, and the assembly can be repetitious. This job is not for the faint of heart. Previous experience in working with granite is not a pre-requisite, but polishing and repair experience would be extremely advantageous.
- An ability to work to a deadline. There are times where employees will be asked to work past 5:00 p.m. to get a particular project finished. Sunset will enable employees to recoup these hours in additional time off to help maintain the proper work / life balance.
- A keen eye for detail. Monuments are works of art, and customers can be meticulous. Sunset requires employees that demonstrate high standards of quality workmanship.
- A comfort with computers including the use of Microsoft Excel.
- An ability to drive a 5 Ton Standard crane truck.
- Forklift experience.
- Experience in operating a picker crane is not a pre-requisite, but it would be very advantageous.
- Past experience in small skid steer operating would be advantageous.
- A willingness to be flexible in his/her day-to-day activities.
The type of work one would do each day would be dependent on weather, work order requirements, and material availability.
Hourly wage offerings will be commensurated on experience, and will range from $18 to $22 per hour. Sunset also offers a benefits program that is available to new employees 6 months after starting with the company.
If you believe you have the right qualifications, you are invited to start your new career at Sunset Memorial and Stone Ltd. by submitting your resume to [email protected].
We will only contact those candidates who are invited for an interview.
Future employment opportunities.
Remember to check back regularly as more positions may come available.