The Legacy Memorial
Rectangular Columbaria Designs
Elegant and secure, these units provide exactly what cemetery management appreciate: ease of access, a key lockable interment security system, and sound construction that will stand the test of time and the elements.
Legacy designs can accommodate from 2 to 120 niche designs in preassembled standalone styles. The modular design style of the legacy units allows for multiple units to be configured and arranged seemlessly into larger niche gardens. Personalized engraving can be added to the roof line or side walls.
Standard features for all of Sunset’s rectangular columbaria are a 100% granite exterior (lifetime warranty on the granite), highlighted by our key locked interior aluminum door for added security and ease of use by cemetery staff. Interior niche designs are fabricated using an aluminum powder coated interior or our nylene interior niche system.
Legacy – Single-Sided (Walled Unit)
Aluminum Interior Niche: 12” x 11⅞” x 15⅞” (W x H x D)
Nylene Interior Niche: 12” x 12” x 16” (W x H x D)
*Customized “Family niches” can be created by utilizing the corner spaces of walled units. To break up longer walled structures, Sunset can manufacture smaller complimentary family units that make a statement. Both options for columbaria walls will diversify cemetery inventory and provide interment options for families.
Consider adding laser etching or engraved imagery for large uninterrupted granite sections as it can add artistic interest to a space. For clusters of walled columbaria, art is an excellent way to add identifying features and imagery that speaks to communities.
Legacy - Double-Sided (Walled Unit)
- It is a simple, yet elegant unit with clean lines and attractive features.
- Combinations of rock-pitched edges or sawn finishes can create a rugged or rustic look whereas a polished finish may be viewed as looking more sophisticated.
- Masonry-stone end walls can add a distinctive look to accentuate natural features in the surrounding area or other buildings and structures in the cemetery.
- The Legacy Grand distinguishes itself with an attractive roof line and simple elegance.
- Upgraded or enhanced features include a polished square edge detail and polished margin on the base. The edge profile is continued onto the roof which also features a raised profiled top.
- The Royal Legacy columbarium has presence and stature when a focal point in the cemetery is required.
- Decorated with stylish fluted columns.
- Four-sided peaked granite roof with complimentary granite insets suitable for artwork or laser engraving.
- Lettering or numbering may be sandblasted above the columns to aid families and cemetery staff locate the appropriate door more easily.
Our aluminum interior niche system has the following advantages:
- custom sizes and depths are also available – 13-1/2” wide by 13-1/2” high is becoming a popular choice for the interior niche size
- our rectangular columbaria are typically made with 24, 48, 64, or 80 niches, but is easily changed to accommodate other sizes depending upon your specific landscape and architectural requirements
- size is 12” x 12” x 16” (W x H x D) or 12” x 12” x 12” (W x H x D), designed to hold 2 urns
Our nylene niche system has the following advantages:
- it is lighter than concrete, granite and aluminum
- it is pound-for-pound stronger than steel in compression
- the molded shape eliminates the caulking necessary to all granite columbaria that can create a future maintenance issue
- it is cost effective which allows us to achieve a superior product at a very competitive price, and it can withstand the temperature extremes found in the North American climate
- available size: 11⅞” x 11⅞” x 15½” (W x H x D) or 11⅞” x 11⅞” x 11⅞” (W x H x D), designed to hold 2 urns