The Concord Memorial – Angular Design
The consideration and combination of natural elements, such as setting and foliage, natural and designed landscaping, and the columbarium itself, having gentle-slanting granite niche faces, makes the Angled model a highly desirable option for smaller cemeteries interested in providing an attractive cremation alternative.
The single-sided Angled Columbaria is perfect for hillside applications where foliage and a slanted granite niche face complement the landscape. Our “back-to-back” Angled Model easily accommodates larger open spaces where lower site lines are desired. The Angled “back–to–back” Model with a planter centerpiece is another attractive feature, contrasting the smooth sculptural characteristics of granite with a textural and colorful foliage center.
Our latest Angled Model is manufactured with a 100% granite exterior (lifetime warranty on the granite). It may stand alone or line a pathway and has granite finials and sculptured end pieces, which add even more interest and individuality to the unit. As a custom manufacturer of these columbaria, Sunset is able to create any sculptural shape desired.
Standard features for all of Sunset’s angled columbaria are a 100% granite structure, highlighted by our key-locked interior aluminum door for added security and ease of use by cemetery staff. The interior niche dimensions are 12” wide, 12” high and 16” deep.
Angled walls can be created in single or double-sided configurations depending upon space considerations and landscape additions.
- Designs can either single or double-sided, or created in combinations to form other shapes, such as a cross or employed to enclose a square garden feature.
- Single-sided walls are an excellent choice for narrow strips of land, along road ways or as a boundary feature. Corner posts with filial balls can be added to provide interest and as a visual break or to be a finish point for future phases.
- Angled columbaria can also be enclosed with granite end walls and a roof.
Our nylene niche system has the following advantages:
- it is lighter than concrete, granite and aluminum
- it is pound-for-pound stronger than steel in compression
- the molded shape eliminates the caulking necessary to all granite columbaria that can create a future maintenance issue
- it is cost effective which allows us to achieve a superior product at a very competitive price, and it can withstand the temperature extremes found in the North American climate
- available size: 11⅞” x 11⅞” x 15½” (W x H x D) or 11⅞” x 11⅞” x 11⅞” (W x H x D), designed to hold 2 urns
Our aluminum interior niche system has the following advantages:
- custom sizes and depths are also available – 13-1/2” wide by 13-1/2” high is becoming a popular choice for the interior niche size
- our rectangular columbaria are typically made with 24, 48, 64, or 80 niches, but is easily changed to accommodate other sizes depending upon your specific landscape and architectural requirements
- size is 12” x 12” x 16” (W x H x D) or 12” x 12” x 12” (W x H x D), designed to hold 2 urns